2020 ARGO AURORA 850 SX-R 8X8MSRP Starts at $27,999.00 USD*+ $950 factory to dealer freight
New for the 2020 model year is the Aurora 850 SX-R 8x8 with a powerful 33hp air-cooled efi engine and standard ROPS (Rollover protection). The 850 SX-R features Argo exclusive APS steering system, a flat floor, 20% more driver compartment room with steering on the left side of the vehicle, handlebar controls with push-button start, high/low headlight switch and the ability to now start the vehicle in gear by pulling the brake and pushing the start button. A new digital speedometer/tachometer display and a high mounted transmission shifter will eliminate your knees from hitting the shifter like on previous models. Increased under hood volume will keep things cooler and an insulated firewall will increase driver comfort. Power comes from a Briggs & Stratton 33hp EFI air cooled gas engine which provides excellent power in the deepest mud or snow and is mated to the efficient Admiral triple differential transmission in standard 6.2 or high torque 8.1 gear ratios that allow the vehicle to turn effortlessly even with tracks installed. New Argo designed XT117 25x12-9 (635 mm) mud and swim tires mounted on 9" offset steel beadlock rims combine to give this machine great traction and best in class payload all while providing a water speed of 3.0 mph.
Standard equipment includes a certified ROPS protection cage, bilge pump, full-length skid plate, HD drive belt, front and rear bearing extensions, 9" steel offset beadlock rims, high/ low headlights and led rear tail lights. The Aurora 850 SX-R 8x8 is equally well suited for hard work as it is for play providing many commercial and government customers a workhorse in their fleet, yet it's refined and comfortable for all of your recreational needs. Available colors are black, orange, or tundra green.
1.375" extreme duty steel forged axles mounted on off-set steel beadlock rims allow for a quick and reliable conversion to tracks or running low air pressures for a more comfortable ride. Gone are the days of adding wheel spacers and lug extenders. All you need to do is turn the rim around, reinstall the lug nuts and slide the tracks on. This new design greatly improves durability and reduces installation time.
The Aurora 850 SX-R 8x8 is powered by a 4-stroke OHV V-Twin air-cooled 896cc, 33 hp (24.6 kW) Briggs & Stratton Vanguard engine with electronic fuel injection and a 50 amp alternator. The unit has a load capacity of up to 870 lb. / 395 kg on land or 570 lb. / 258 kg on water, can transport 6 passengers on land, and up to 4 persons on water and features a towing capacity of 1800 lb. / 816 kg. The Aurora 850 SX-R 8x8 is available in tracked or non-tracked configurations.
This model does not meet California CARB emission standards and cannot be sold or shipped to California.
* The factory brochure states this model comes with a standard cargo liner and it does not due to the incompatibility with the ROPS.
An all-new steering system called APS (Argo Progressive Steering) is an innovation in the area of braking force applied to the transmission steering differential. This new steering system implements a dual-rate progressive spring allowing the vehicle to turn in one continues motion making the vehicle easier and more comfortable to drive.
STANDARD EQUIPMENT• Briggs & Stratton Vanguard 33hp EFI Air Cooled Gas Engine
• 9-inch Off-Set Beadlock Steel Rims on 25x12-9 Argo Tires
• Front and Rear Bearing Extensions
• Full-Length Skid Plate
• Bilge Pump
• Brake Lights LED
• HD Drive Belt
• ROPS (Rollover Protection) ISO 5700 and SAE J2194 Certified
• Admiral Transmission with Standard 6.2 or 8.1 High Torque Gear Ratio Options
• Innovative triple-differential Admiral transmission with independent steering brakes
• Optional low 8.1 gear ratio for increased torque
• Increased steering efficiency for more and constant power to the wheels
Briggs & Stratton Vanguard 33hp EFI Engine provides:
• Increased fuel efficiency
• Reliable cold-weather starting
• Improved high elevation performance
• Onboard diagnostics
• Electronic ignition
• Two-year limited engine warranty
• Large rear cargo capacity
• Long wheelbase for increased ride comfort over rough terrain
• Large 72mm triple-sealed outer axle bearings
• 1.375" Diameter HD axles
• Front and rear bearing extensions
• Full skid plate for lower body protection
• 8-wheel drive with a low center of gravity for extra stability
• 25x12-9 (635 mm) XT117 ARGO tires with proprietary tread design
• Self-adjusting hydraulic brakes with vented discs
• Standard Bilge Pump
• Optional Hood Fan Kit
• Digital Gauge Cluster
Engine: 2 Year Briggs & Stratton Limited Warranty
Chassis: 1 Year Argo Limited Warranty + 2 Years Argo Extended Warranty
Transmission: 1 Year Argo Limited Warranty + 2 Years Argo Extended Warranty
* MSRP is in US Dollars and does not include inbound freight, local or state taxes, any accessory installation labor or outbound shipping. Request a quote for your best deal shipped to your door.