$950 factory to dealer freight
New for the 2020 model year is the Aurora 850 Responder 8x8 with a powerful 33hp air-cooled efi engine, standard folding stretcher frame perfect for SAR and emergency response teams. The 850 Responder features Argo exclusive APS steering system, a flat floor, 20% more driver compartment room with steering on the left side of the vehicle, handlebar controls with push-button start, high/low headlight switch and the ability to now start the vehicle in gear by pulling the brake and pushing the start button. A new digital speedometer/tachometer display and a high mounted transmission shifter will eliminate your knees from hitting the shifter like on previous models. Increased under hood volume will keep things cooler and an insulated firewall will increase driver comfort. Power comes from a Briggs & Stratton 33hp EFI air cooled gas engine which provides excellent power in the deepest mud or snow and is mated to the efficient Admiral triple differential transmission in standard 6.2 or HT 8.1 gear ratios that allow the vehicle to get to your location with quicker speeds. New Argo designed XT117 25x12-9 (635 mm) mud and swim tires mounted on 9" offset steel beadlock rims combine to give this machine great traction and best in class payload all while providing a water speed of 3.0 mph.
Standard equipment includes a folding stretcher frame, split and folding front seat design, bilge pump, brushguard, Warn 3500lb winch, full-length skid plate, HD drive belt, front and rear bearing extensions, 9" steel offset beadlock rims, high/ low headlights and led rear tail lights. The Aurora 850 Responder 8x8 is equally well suited for remote job sites or as the perfect rescue vehicle. Available colors are red or orange.
1.375" extreme duty steel forged axles mounted on off-set steel beadlock rims allow for a quick and reliable conversion to tracks or running low air pressures for a more comfortable ride. Gone are the days of adding wheel spacers and lug extenders. All you need to do is turn the rim around, reinstall the lug nuts and slide the tracks on. This new design greatly improves durability and reduces installation time.
The Aurora 850 Responder 8x8 is powered by a 4-stroke OHV V-Twin air-cooled 896cc, 33 hp (24.6 kW) Briggs & Stratton Vanguard engine with electronic fuel injection and a 50 amp alternator. The unit has a load capacity of up to 1080 lb. / 490 kg on land or 880 lb. / 399 kg on water, can transport 4 passengers on land, and up to 4 persons on water and features a towing capacity of 1800 lb. / 816 kg. The Aurora 850 Responder 8x8 is available in tracked or non-tracked configurations. Warning: If floating the vehicle, any accessories or gear will decrease the water capacity. Account for fuel, gear, occupants, and patient weight when using the vehicle in the water.
This model does not meet California CARB emission standards and cannot be sold or shipped to California.
An all-new steering system called APS (Argo Progressive Steering) is an innovation in the area of braking force applied to the transmission steering differential. This new steering system implements a dual-rate progressive spring allowing the vehicle to turn in one continuous motion making the vehicle easier and more comfortable to drive.
STANDARD EQUIPMENT• Briggs & Stratton Vanguard 33hp EFI Air Cooled Gas Engine
• 9-inch Off-Set Beadlock Steel Rims on 25x12-9 Argo Tires
• Front and Rear Bearing Extensions
• Full-Length Skid Plate
• Bilge Pump
• Brake Lights LED
• HD Drive Belt
• ROPS (Rollover Protection) ISO 5700 and SAE J2194 Certified
• Stretcher Frame w/ Split Front Seat Design
• Warn VRX 3500 Winch
• Admiral Transmission with Standard 6.2 or HT 8.1 Gear Ratio
• Innovative triple-differential Admiral transmission with independent steering brakes
• Increased steering efficiency for more and constant power to the wheels
Briggs & Stratton Vanguard 33hp EFI Engine provides:
• Increased fuel efficiency
• Reliable cold-weather starting
• Improved high elevation performance
• Onboard diagnostics
• Electronic ignition
• 2-year limited engine warranty
• Large rear cargo capacity
• Long wheelbase for increased ride comfort over rough terrain
• Large 72mm triple-sealed outer axle bearings
• 1.375" Diameter HD axles
• Front and rear bearing extensions
• Full skid plate for lower body protection
• 8-wheel drive with a low center of gravity for extra stability
• 25x12-9 (635 mm) XT117 ARGO tires with proprietary tread design
• Self-adjusting hydraulic brakes with vented discs
• Standard Bilge Pump
• Optional Hood Fan Kit
• Digital Gauge Cluster
Engine: 2 Year Briggs & Stratton Limited Warranty
Chassis: 1 Year Argo Limited Warranty + 2 Years Argo Extended Warranty
Transmission: 1 Year Argo Limited Warranty + 2 Years Argo Extended Warranty
* MSRP is in US Dollars and does not include inbound freight, local or state taxes, any accessory installation labor or outbound shipping. Request a quote for your best deal shipped to your door.